- This event has passed.
Creating a Professional GIS Portfolio
April 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join us on Monday, April 18th to learn about
Creating a Professional GIS portfolio
A joint event with the NR493 GIS seminar class
Monday, April 18th | 4:00 – 4:50pm
Watch the recording here: https://youtu.be/rW7BvSr_nRA
An online GIS portfolio is a great addition to a resume to showcase your GIS work, projects, maps, or code. It is a web page with your own style, branding, and content and may have text, graphics, interactive maps, or links to highlight your work and skills.
In this part-presentation, part-workshop event, we’ll dig into what makes a good portfolio, what web page builders are available for this purpose, and get started on our own portfolios.
Some of the seminar content will be taken from this recent URISA seminar by Kate Berg on the same topic, but we will spend more time hands-on and beginning to build our own portfolios.
Planning to attend??
Come to the workshop with a curated list of your GIS accomplishments:
- Projects you’ve worked on, maps you’ve made, code you’ve written, skills learned in class or on a job, courses taken, etc…
- If you can gather files – jpgs, pdfs, URLs, etc, into one place, even better!
If you have time, take a look at some of these web page building options:
- Google Sites (https://sites.google.com/)
- Wix (https://www.wix.com/ )
- Weebly (https://www.weebly.com/ )
- Github pages (https://pages.github.com/ )
- ArcGIS StoryMaps are another option, but I don’t recommend using your CSU account…. that will deactivate at some point after you graduate
Questions? Email Elizabeth Tulanowski at firstname.lastname@example.org