- This event has passed.
Seminar: Rangeland Analysis Platform
March 21 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Watch the recording of this seminar here: https://youtu.be/9KhnRgCjj6w
Learn about the Rangeland Analysis Platform
A web mapping application showing rangeland vegetation production and conservation risks, based on Landsat data and deep learning products.
Monday, March 21st, 2022 | 4:00 – 4:50pm
In person in WCNR Rm. 231 or on Zoom
Presented by Eric Jensen, M.S.
View the mapping application here: https://rangelands.app/
In this presentation, we’ll discuss
- What is the Rangeland Analysis Platform?
- What are the two core RAP datasets? Why was Landsat used over other options?
- What models and machine learning techniques were used to generate these data?
- How can all this data be applied to management and policy decisions?
- How do web apps and cloud computing make it easy to analyze the data?
- Can you do this type of analysis using Google Earth Engine, machine learning, R, and other geospatial techniques? YES, you can!