Secondary Cities: Secondary Cities (2C) is a project of the US Department of State. Over four years, students at CSU and interns at the Centroid supported 2C with data management, technical support, spatial analysis, and training.
Mapillary: Mapillary provides street-level imagery and map data from all over the world. Centroid interns worked with Muthu Sampath on a pilot research project to evaluate the accuracy of images.
Agrivoltaics: Sandbox Solar, a Fort Collins solar energy company, is developing and testing solar panels that can be incorporated into existing agricultural lands for energy production. Centroid interns developed a GIS project to determine the market within five Colorado counties.
Publishable Maps for History Professors: Centroid interns developed publication-quality map products for three history professors during Fall 2019.
Other past projects
- Semester at Sea: Faculty support for map development and spatial thinking
- National Park Service: Guadalupe Mountains National Park. Digitizing legacy vegetation maps
- National Park Service – Land Resources Division: depicting land ownership, uses and legal boundaries
- Rio Grande River Basin: Compiling spatial database for watershed
- National Western Center: Assessing availability of spatial data and compiling assets
- Bohemian Foundation: Community Indicators Catalog and data review
- HICAHS: Mapping results of agricultural safety trainings in three western states
- GIS in Health: Aligning census data with field observation data; distance to trauma centers in CO
- Shambhala Mountain Center: Creating geodatabase of existing data
- McKee Medical Center Foundation: Interactive web map of memorials
- The Nature Conservancy – Global Lands Team; oil/gas distribution; Rwanda gorillas/poaching
- 3D printing/GIS layers: 3D landscapes and projected GIS layers for CSU Mountain Campus
- Everitt Real Estate Center: forecast maps; sales in 3-county region; development forecasts
- CSU Affordable Housing Task Force: spatial analysis on housing cost vs salaries for CSU employees
- Civil War gunboats: spatial analysis of gunboat activity based on official record
- Crime mapping; data processing and mapping of crime statistics on reservation
- College of Agriculture: mapping student retention
- CEMML: assistance with online mapping of vegetation plots