The Geospatial Centroid internship program is at the core of our operation. Interns at the Centroid are involved in specific projects to gain valuable hands-on, real world experience with geospatial applications. Projects range from on-campus support for faculty research to off-campus partner internships with external agencies. Other responsibilities include the daily operations of the office such as providing Geospatial Help Desk services or organizing events.
Link to intern video (RamFunder campaign, Spring 2018)
- Come from all across campus
- Build on their classroom knowledge by working on real-world projects for diverse clients
- Create a professional network with external partners and each other
- Love GIS and want additional opportunities for work experience
- Assist clients from both on- and off-campus
- Usually are paid for projects they work on
- Receive invaluable technical and workplace skills in a collaborative and stimulating environment.