The Geospatial Centroid internship program is at the core of our operation. Interns at the Centroid are involved in specific projects to gain valuable hands-on, real world experience with geospatial applications. Projects range from on-campus support for faculty research to off-campus partner internships with external agencies. Other responsibilities include the daily operations of the office such as providing Geospatial Help Desk services or organizing events.
- Come from all across campus
- Build on their classroom knowledge by working on real-world projects for diverse clients
- Create a professional network with external partners and each other
- Love GIS and want additional opportunities for work experience
- Assist clients from both on- and off-campus
- Are paid for projects they work on
- Receive invaluable technical and workplace skills in a collaborative and stimulating environment.